Please read this before partaking in sport with our club:
Gymnastics is a great sport, but it also presents a very real risk of injury. Most injuries are relatively minor (the odd blister or pulled muscle), however there are steps you can take to stay safe during practice and competitions and hopefully avoid any injury…
- Warm up at the start of every session and cool down at the end. It is important that your body and muscles are warm so that you do not pull anything or ache too much the following day.
- Remove socks, shoes. This will reduce any risk of you slipping.
- Do not wear baggy clothing or jewellery. This will reduce any risk of your jewellery or clothing getting caught on any equipment and make it easier for coaches to support you; as well as reducing the risk of injuring yourself with the jewellery.
- Do not participate if you have an injury that will hinder your ability to do so. Tell a coach or committee member if you do have any injuries before any given session.
- If you are unsure of a move, ask a coach for advice. Do not do anything you are not sure of or have not done before without help.
- Always respect and follow the instructions of coaches who are there to keep you safe
- Check the area around you and equipment to make sure it is safe for use and does not have anything dangerous around that you may injure yourself on.
- Make sure you know where the fire exits are in case of an emergency and the procedure if there is a fire.